How to Cut Pineapple (like a PRO!)
- Make sure its ripe! Look for a pineapple with a nice yellow color on the outside.
- Before getting started – make sure your knife is sharp!
- Take your knife and slice off the top of the pineapple
- Flip the pineapple over (flat end down) and begin going around the perimeter slicing off layers of the rough peel
- Discard the trimmings to keep a clean workspace
- Continue trimming around the perimeter to remove all of the prickly patches and green areas
- Slice the sides off the pineapple in planks, avoiding the tough center core
- Discard the core and the scrap peel
- Cut the pineapple into 1″ chunks
- Eat and enjoy, and marvel over how much you saved over store bought pineapple!!
(Visited 336 times, 1 visits today)