One of the benefits of working at Weber is having business lunches at the Weber Grill restaurant. I recently met a colleague there for lunch and I had the most amazing grilled vegetable salad with white balsamic vinaigrette. I had just returned home from vacation so something light and healthy was exactly what I was in the mood for and this salad hit the spot.
You can easily recreate this salad at home with a few shortcuts to keep things super simple. Use your favorite bottled salad dressing – I like balsamic vinaigrette – and a rotisserie chicken instead of grilling your own. And since my grill is currently buried under several inches of snow, I roasted the asparagus instead of grilling it. I purposely didn’t include amounts or measurements for the salad ingredients. Use more or less of each ingredient depending on how much salad you want to make.
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- Naan or pita bread
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Fresh thyme, minced
- Mixed greens
- Herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- Pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- Sundried tomatoes, sliced
- Jarred artichoke hearts, quartered
- Jarred roasted red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Trim tough ends off of asparagus. Place asparagus on a baking sheet and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place baking sheet in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender and browned but still crisp. Remove baking sheet from oven and set aside until asparagus cools.
- Place naan on a baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and fresh thyme. Place in oven while you assemble the rest of the ingredients for the salad. Remove from the oven when it turns golden brown and starts to get crispy, about 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the greens with the next 5 ingredients. Set aside. Tear the rotisserie chicken into bite sized pieces and add to the salad. Add cooled asparagus. Toss with salad dressing and serve immediately.